Saturday, September 20, 2008
The Lappersfort - Brugge in Belgium ocupied again. The next action camp in defence this forest from cuting for more industry terein ( even a lot of there is left empty and not used ). They need You to help them!!! More info and great pictures on indymedia.nl
Tausands off antifascist made impossible the Anti Islam congress in Koln to happend. The police made the congress not allowed because they realized that they can not protect the nazis any more. The activists groups then celebrating they victory !!!
Swomp4 direct action in the Rustenburgerstraat in Amsterdam squats piece of land and starts urban regeneration permaculture project.
On Friday July 11 a group of squatters occupied this piece of land in the Rustenburgerstraat in de Pijp in Amsterdam. Technically they are wild campers, as the law in Holland only allows you to squat a building that has been empty for one year. Within three days they already had running water and had started to plant vegetables and develop an urban permaculture project. This is direct action at its very best. The land was going to waste in the heart of the city, and these guys are trying their utmost to turn the sandy wasteland into a green oasis. This coming Saturday they are planning a permaculture workshop, and I'll be posting more details on that as soon as they become available. Yesterday it was inspiring talking to them and listening to their plans. Their heart is in the right place and they care about how we use land in cities, the housing situation in a city that is becoming gentrified, and the environmental issues of the day. Instead of having meetings and making plans, these guys took direct action to do something positive and show the local community what is possible in the field of urban regeneration. So far most of the neighbors have reacted in a positive way. The campers are in a goldfish bowl, and I admire their courage and determination. Some of them are old friends that I have known from protest actions in the past. These are people who stand by you when the going gets tough. So I wish them all the luck in the world and I'll be back to take more pictures and get more news in the days ahead. Swomp4 is a cool action, for nature, the community, and the future.
Thats How SWOMP 4 look like now, after less than two months. In 11 august they declared independence in this way they set up free state Swomp. They managed few interesting workshops about permaculture, saving energy, climbing defence one open day etc. Every sunday its gardening day when evryone can help and lern something. Everyday help is welcome. People involved in the project will give in this and next tuesday workshop about "Transition Towns" in the Molli on van Ostadestraat 55 at 8pm. More info when You come pas by at Rustenburgerstraat 440 or on http://swomp.wordpress.com
Friday, September 19, 2008
If you think your salary is low, how about her?
If you think you don't have many friends...
When you feel like giving up, think of this man
If your society is unfair to you, how about her?
If you think you suffer in life, do you suffer as much as he does?
If you complain about your transport system, how about them?
Enjoy life how it is and as it comes
Things are worse for others and is a lot better for us ;
There are many things in your life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart....pursue those...
This email needs to circulate forever...:
If your society is unfair to you, how about her?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Woningnood is een probleem waar een aanzienlijk aantal mensen tegenaan lopen. Kraken wordt gebruikt om druk uit te oefenen op eigenaren en overheid om dit probleem aan te pakken. Het is steeds weer de kraakbeweging die het debat rond woningnood openbreekt. Niet door te wachten op de overheid, maar door zelf te zorgen voor betaalbare woonruimte en culturele broedplaatsen.
Op zaterdag 27 september trekt een optocht door de Utrechtse binnenstad uit protest tegen het voorgestelde kraakverbod. Terwijl corporaties betaalbaar wonen in de uitverkoop zetten en terwijl door speculatie miljoenen vierkante meters vastgoed leeg staat, maakt de politiek hiermee haar zoveelste knieval voor het grote kapitaal. Kraken is een wapen in de strijd voor betaalbare woonruimte en tegen leegstand en speculatie. Een kraakverbod leidt tot meer leegstand en minder betaalbare woningen.
In heel Nederland verdwijnen betaalbare woningen in rap tempo. Sfeervolle wijkjes moeten plaatsmaken voor dure nieuwbouw zonder enig karakter, terwijl huurders weg worden gestopt in sfeerloze flats en wijkjes achteraf. Het recht op een fatsoenlijke woning wordt steeds minder vanzelfsprekend.
Gezien de situatie rond huisvesting is een kraakverbod onacceptabel! Het geeft speculanten en verhuurders de vrije hand het basisrecht op wonen schaamteloos uit te buiten; iedere vorm van verzet dient de kop ingedrukt te worden. De afbraak van sociale huisvesting vindt in heel Nederland op grote schaal plaats, rechten van huurders worden keer op keer geschonden, een kraakverbod sluit daar naadloos op aan.
Strijd mee tegen leegstand en voor betaalbaar wonen. Sluit je aan bij de optocht, op zaterdag 27 september vanaf 13:30 op het Domplein in Utrecht.
- Houd wonen betaalbaar! – Stop het kraakverbod!
Monday, September 15, 2008
By technical problem probably the poster of Spirit Of Squatters did'nt appear on the page. We correcting it witch the comments from indymedia.nl
Poster van Spirit Of Squatters tegen kraakverbod attacked the stad
Zij zeggen dat meerderhijd van krakers is nu buitenlanders maar ik kan niks over kraakverbod in engels te vinden. Grapig he ? daroom vertaling van de poster in engels:
"everything what You did for my poorest brothers , You did for me"
"Baning the squatting = increasing rent price = More poor on the streets = ?!"
More posters from Spirit Of Squatters you can find on www.ourmediaindymedia.blogspot.com
or www.positi.blogspot.com in polisch ( po polsku )
i forgot to add " Please copy,use, spread etc. " Spirit Of Squatters always is looking for people to spread the posters in any possible way. We can help You/ Your organization to spread Your posters...
bekijk het eens zo...
suzej - 02.09.2008 22:08
- Hoewel het dreigende (waarschijnlijk zelfs onafwendbare) kraakverbod voor een groot deel christelijk geïnspireerd is (CDA & CU), valt het door niemand te ontkennen dat volgens het bijbelverhaal Jezus Christus in een kraakpand is geboren.
- Hoewel CDA, CU en VVD deze wet dankzij een rechtse meerderheid door onze strot gaan duwen, is het maatschappelijk draagvlak ervoor voor een groot deel te danken aan de PvdA en dan met name Job de Priester (Cohen).
- Vergeet niet dat kraken op veel plekken illegaal is en in Nederland ook nog niet zo lang mag, maar dat het overal ter wereld gebeurd, zelfs ten tijde van J.C. al.
- Laat je niet bang maken door een verbod, van welke aard dan ook, dit is niet het eerste verbod wat je vrijheid lijkt af te pakken en er zullen de komende tijd nog veel van deze verboden volgen.
- Er bestaat alleen absolute vrijheid, geen relatieve. Zolang een ander bepaald hoe vrij je bent, ben je het helemaal niet.
- Onsamenhangende opsommingen zonder nieuwswaarde horen eigenlijk niet op Indymedia thuis, maar vooruit voor deze keer.
het G.E.B. doet ook mee
G.E.B. - 02.09.2008 23:03
ben - 02.09.2008 23:06
Mooie poster. Duidelijke boodschap. Die ga ik hangen!
confronterend voor de christenen die het nog niet begrepen hebben.
confronterend voor hen die alsmaar schoppen tegen de christenen...;)
Based on one of the most incendiary political uprisings in a generation, Stuart Townsend's Battle in Seattle takes an in-depth look at the five days that rocked the world in 1999 as tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets in protest of the World Trade Organization. What began as a peaceful protest intended to stop the WTO talks quickly escalated into a full-scale riot and eventual State of Emergency that squared off peaceful and unarmed protesters against the Seattle Police Department and the National Guard.
Told through true events, Battle in Seattle seamlessly intertwines compelling points of view from a cross-section of society "from protesters and police to delegates and doctors" with no perspective left untold from those who intentionally or accidentally find themselves on the streets of Seattle on those last days of the millennium. Dramatic theatrical performances merge with actual footage of the event to bring these contrasting viewpoints to the screen.
Battle in Seattle stars Michelle Rodriguez, Andre Benjamin, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Channing Tatum and Woody Harrelson.
This is the truth about WTO
And thats how it was( Is ) in reality:
Sunday, September 14, 2008
organized. At least our affinity group. Our ideas every day bit by
bit we putting in life ( and in indymedia haha! ) (
). Posters of Spirit Of Squatters (
http://indymedia.nl/nl/2008/09/54300.shtml ) more and more in the city
showing how not christian are CDA & CU. Soon they hopelly will appear
in other cities (Your help still needed !) Our pages
http://www.ourmediaindymedia.blogspot.com (english one) &
http://www.positi.blogspot.com( polish one )are getting every week
better & better. Recently we manage to upload there one of the
Awakening program ( about international squatting squatters day -
links below). Now when we know how to do it soon we could listen more.
All thankfully Fibre and build Your own computer workschop on
ruysdaelstraat 79 every Thursday. We finally managed (?) get working
our printer that hopefully we can publish again. From next week we
will start to put in to the life idea about exposition about good
sides of the squatting movement (
) Hopefully very soon we would finally equipped ourselves enough that
soon You could see more professional and this time finished movies.
Yes!!! We getting organized every day more & more
"Losing off time in not possible to get back" that's why in coming
time in all our projects ( radio, posters, web pages, books,movies )
in all our life we would be as much as possible focus on freedom to
squat and to bring our positive sides of our movement.
Would You like to help us? Great! there is still a lot of what could be done
Awakening its a program in radio patapoe.Itś talkactive. It means we
talk for almost three ha.Mainly about
live in Amsterdam.First we start witch agenda for squatting scene in
Amsterdam( not only),then we have some main subject,sometimes
guests.The last half ha we do as polish part in this language.The
music what we are playing that mainly punk,but this is just as
background(package) and in the breaks when we are preparing
ourself,equipment,material,etc.Patapoe is a pirate,
underground,squatters radio. We playing our program every Tuesday from
4pm till 7pm.In Amsterdam You can listen us in the ether 88.3 FM and
everywhere else on http://www.freteam.nl/patapoe
This program is relations from international squatting days in
Amsterdam when we squatted part off Rijk museum, the biggest museum in
Amsterdam. We organized there great festival for three days as
celebrating of international days for squats and free spaces.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Life and politics are two different things. The law to squat empty places are not given by politicians but fought by people. Banning the squatting could politicize our movement. People will fight with more passion when they realise what they will miss. What does not kill us will make us just stronger. If the emptiness & speculations exist then squatting will exist. In The Netherlands there are people who need a home & the government will not be able to stop them at some point because everybody need a house. You can't stop a waterfall.
Now is a critical moment in the squatting movement. We seem to be loosing in parliament but we are still winning in the society & that is most important and here we should put our focus. Not just for us but for the other people. They too willneed us soon. Who knows how soon. Even children can see that politicians, businessmen, speculators and house owners would like ton push out not rich people out of the city's. It's happening now everywhere in Holland. In Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, den Haag, Harlem, Nijmegen etc...etc...All for yuppies and others with pockets felt with lots of money. We are the last barricade ( or first ? ), we are the first example, active resistance, and we are showing that we will not let them to kick us out. No way !!! No pasaran !!!
That's why we should do as much as possible for our squatting movement HERE & NOW. Later could be to late, because if we will lose our free places, we would not have space to create good things any more, we would not have this precious time to do voluntary works and running the other projects. I know that many of us is busy with ecology, human and animal rights, studying, art, family's etc...etc... I'm not saying to live those things and be busy just with squatting. Lets just show to everyone that we have possibility to run those projects because we have possibility to squat. Lets show to the whole world what we are busy with thankfully to squatting movement.
Lets start campaign to show positive sides of squatting movement.
This my list of ideas :
1. Open days on every active squats and legalized squatted places
2. Banners on every legalized and not legalized squats. The same what years before " Made thankful squatting movement"
3. make banners, signs, for places, organizations, web pages, people etc... " Supported by squatting movement
4 Call people to wear the black ribbon as sign of solidarity and sympathy with squatters. Give it to everyone who You know and who would came to our activity's ( open days etc...)
5. Exhibition's about good side's of movement ( see museum post, white book of squatters etc...)
6. Permanent wall news paper which will :
a) open our ideas for more people.
b) inform them what's going on
c) Spread our point of view which ...
d) will stop main stream media to lie about us
7. Kick off demo like Dam sleeping action (maybe this time we can organize it more as show off our activity's than party )
8. Caravan of squatting actions around many city's in Holland ( already started, more about on this pages probably)
9. Use the media before they will use You. Invite them to everything what You will going to do. There is squatters press group who could help You and there is a lot of media attention at the moment, who just waiting for our invitation.
10. Be the media. radio Patapoe, Vrije Keyzer Tv, Grachten krant, indymedia and others just waiting for Your positive info or massage
11. More posters everywhere to show the truth !
12. Participate actively in any demo and activity for squatting movement
13. Do something, be active, make Your own idea, put them into life. Realize, Act, Organize, Win !!!
14. Lets meet. Together we are stronger. Together we can achieve much more. Together we are power !!!
Where ? When ? any proposals ? Everything is good if soon.
Thats are just ideas. Feel free to correct , translate, complete them, add to them something, give opinion and do something to put them in to life.
Friday, September 5, 2008
This is idea to show to the society and all world the positive impact from squatters from Amsterdam and all Holland.
I think to get the best effect it would be good to use pictures ( mainly ), videos, internet page's, graffiti, news papers, leaflets, posters and everything what could be usefully as exponats.
I think that the best place for this would be Vrankrijk, because:
1. It's in the centrum,
2. It's on the one of the most squatted part of Amsterdam
3. It has beauty full graffiti witch make it more interesting and visible
4. It's one from the most active places in Am*dam
5. It has great history which could be also exposed
6. etc. ???
The ideas what we could expose
GOOD SIDES OF THE SQUATTING:
1. No emptiness
2. Less speculations = Price of the housing and the renting is lower.
3. Non commercial culture.
4. Living for free = Doing things for free.
5. Many cultural peaces are created thankful squatting movement ( Melkweg, Paradiso, OT301, Korsakoff, Tivoli, Ruigord, Van Ostade theater and complex ... and more than 150 witch as sign of solidarity hanged the banner seeing about it in 2006 )
6. Many organizations have squatting roots or started witch great help of the movement. ( Provos, Kabouters, Schone kleren campagne, No papers Clinic, Samba Band, Groene Front, Antifa, ASKV,... - would You like to help to fill this big list ? And the others too )
7. Many festivals started as squatters festivals ( Robodock, Landjewel, democlasch...)
8. Many cultural groups and bands began on the squats ( Silo Theater, tall bikes, Vitamin X, Circus the soleil ( ? ), The Ex, Amsterdamse Klazmer band, Caspian Hat Dans, Gewapend Beton, Hardheid, Scheinheiling...
9. Many of the social and neighborhood projects get a lot off help from the squatters ( Neighborhood centras, renters supporting groups, geveld tuinen dag, eko projects as Swomp 4, organic farms, benefits to support groups on all world, Vegetarian and eko folks kitchens and restaurants, indymedia...
10. Many of the squatters are trying to be a better people that's why many of them are : squatters, vegetarians, ecologists, activist's, antifascists, social workers, volunteers, human rights supporters, feminist's, freedom fighters, workers right supporters, anarchists, wereldverbeterars, artists, punks, musicians...)
11. The squatters are the one who are making the history of this City ( Free Vondel State, Squatting of the Handelspblad Building, Dam Sleeping Action, Provos movement, Squatting Of Rijk Museum, Declaration of independence by Swomp 4, Kalenderpanden, Silo...)
12. Squatters are the one who making this city interesting and colorful. (Spui straat, internationale squatting days, Verbinding Blok...
13. Squatting is giving possibility for living to those who can not afford to expensive prices of renting ( students, family's...). They are the one who say "No" when injustice is happening ( demonstrations for Martin and Juanra, Noise demos, Barbara smashing Pentagon stuff, demos against police brutality, Supporting almost every demonstration for freedom and human rights, not allowing fascists to demonstrate... )
14. Squatters showing to all society that there is possible another way of living, that we don't need to live just for money to feed the greed or struggle to survive.
15.We are one of the most active and strong minority which opposite to the rest is not based on nationalism but on open multi culture. ( that's how many would like to create Amsterdam)
16. We live like family, together and helping each other.
17. We ( many of us )trying to change the world for better place.
18. Possibility of squatting is giving free space to create non commercial live for artists, activists, ecologists, family's...
19.My life, Your life, many of us life's, activists life's could be good example to show to the rest how and why we are squatting.t
20. Those who like to ban the squatting have bad intentions for society but big care for their own business ( here i would show that VVD party of " Speculators witch the empty houses" would like to ban squatting for their own business to have more freedom to keep buildings empty. This would give them more possibilities by increasing the need for a house to speculate and increase price of the renting and housing in general.
Thats are just ideas. Feel free to correct , translate, complete them, add to them something, give opinion and do something to put them in to life.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
(Portuguese movement of civil disobedience against GMO)*
One year ago, the Movimento Verde Eufemia (MVE) went into an action of
civil disobedience. In a symbolic but determined act they destroyed less
than 1 hectare of the first field of genetically modified corn in the
region of the Algarve, previously declared GMO Free Zone by local
One year later, we decided to launch soliMoVe, Solidariedade com o
Movimento Verde Eufémia. soliMoVE is a group providing an international
platform for anyone that wishes to morally and politically support MVE
and the act of civil disobedience they performed.
A solidarity petition with the action of Movimento Verde Eufémia is also
available online. This petition aims to give moral and political support
to all the people, movements and organizations who suffer or can suffer
legal, political or personal consequences as a result of the action of
Movimento Verde Eufémia. *The petition can be read and signed at
Your solidarity with the action and the activists is essential to
continue the struggle against the release of GMO in Portugal and the world!
The action of Movimento Verde Eufémia
* English <http://solimove.liveinfo.nl/taxonomy/term/1>
On August 17th 2007, around 150 people went to Herdade da Lameira, near
Silves, in the GM Free Region of the Algarve, in Portugal, to make a
protest against the cultivation of GMO (genetically modified organisms).
During the symbolic action 1 hectare was mowed.
The Algarve was the first region in Portugal to be declared a GMO-Free
Zone by the local authorities. This property, the first in the region
which cultivated GM corn of the variety MON810, violated the declaration
and disrespected the will of the citizens.
The activists publicly offered to recultivate the 51 hectares of
transgenic corn with organic corn. The proposal was rejected by the
owner, which continues to use GM corn, also in this year.
In the days following the action, the wide media attention MVE received
instigated a large polemic, resonating into layers of the general
public, the environmental movement itself, academics and even the
government. Never did any environmental action achieve so much attention
in the recent history of Portugal. The initial media highlights were not
so much on the subject of the action, the presence of GMO in Portugal,
but rather on the spectacular nature and the illegal aspect of it.
However in a second phase attention shifted as well to the debate on
GMO, and its dangers. For that reason alone, the action of MVE was
considered by many people with environmental concerns as a great success.
Because of that success, the current Portuguese government responsible
for a policy in favour of GMO has responded strongly in an attempt to
isolate the activists of MVE and other environmental organisations
struggling against GMO, through a strategy of criminalization. *This
strategy came to the point of even labeling the action as a terrorist
act* (Europol EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report 2008
*Some people that have been brought in relation to the case by the
police are therefore facing the risk of being prosecuted.* In general,
it became harder to act against GMO in Portugal. Individuals or
organisations who attempt, run a high risk of being under suspicion and
surveillance by authorities.
* Action video
* Press releases of Movimento Verde Eufémia